Friday, July 20, 2007

The Case Of The Blasphemy Of Rockers

Heyy !!!! So here I am again. Told you guys earlier that UPDATE was gonna be the real …(n I mean REAL) problem for ahem..both of Us. Looks like She did some updating here..( sorry for that senti poem guys….don’t think that’s actually me.. though I’m not sure... naaah…besides I don’t think there’s place for another one in this blog [:P]…)
All you Rockers out there, this one’s for Ya’ll( This IS more in ma league..) So I’m not gonna go in the details of what Rock’s all about ( Yeah…if you’ve even got the IQ of a 2 yr old you’ll probably know a lil about what it is). Here in India, the Rock rage is just about catching on. Since India is a land of traditions and conforming with social rules, Rock which was always been the mouthpiece of rebellion, is slowly becoming a huge favorite of the youth who want to break away from any chains binding them.( Ya n besides all those “socio..rubbisho” philosophies it’s darned good music which has lyrics to think on and sounds to completely blow your mind.)
I don’t claim to have loads of knowledge on this subject, but I believe that rock started originating from the time Bob Dylan started penning his liberal and rebellious thoughts on paper. And I also truly believe that Rock is all about being who you are and doing what you like without giving a damn about who says what. Ya so I like parties and people..( Ya …alright but I don’t )…maybe you like to smoke.. maybe she don’t….(no questions asked …no shit said.)
But heyyy… What do we have now.. “Dude( remember how that dumb guy in that movie said it..picture that now), I’m a rocker .. I have to smoke like an oil tanker on fire.. drink like my stomach is a toilet bowl and do them weed, speed …n whatever ”( Well and then I hope he goes n throws up on his bloody guitar..some rocker)
Ya .. some rocker… a lot of the guys I know would just start smoking, doing dope n all because they like the music and want to get into the clique(which is uber cool if it’s the right peeps) . And the rest of them don’t even like the music. It’s like if you gotta be a rocker you gotta do this man.. So what happened to doing what you want to do?
Go anywhere around town and the number of Nirvana T-shirts I see makes me wanna never look at Cobain’s face again in my life. C’mon you don’t have to wear an Iron Maiden T shirt to prove you’re a rock fan. And guys death metal in my opinion is just clanging vessels and a wolf trying to make itself audible from over all that.( You may like it…. but don’t just pretend coz that joker next to told you it’s “in” ..get a life)
I went for the Campus Rock Idols (CRI) competition, of the Pune leg in Feb (they might as well have called it the Campus Growl Idols coz that’s all most of the bands did… the only Rock show I felt like running away from.. {makes a face}).. It gave me a headache. And no one really had any stage presence. They were just trying to ape other better known bands.. ( But people people people… there is a HUGE difference in a fake n the real thing n we ain’t no idiots)
(Gimme a break people stop being wannabes). Another rather amusing aspect is their literary developments( Soon the Ivy league will start granting them PhDs in poetry). They turn poets overnight ( Y'Know rockers are also supposed to be poets…duh{smirks}). Their poems are only about flesh n blood( now don’t you go n think this straight outta the bible… this is the real thing) and biting heads off till blood drips, and I don’t what other gore(..just as long as you keep the blood comin) though they can’t make a correct sentence to save their life.
Really all you so called Rockers out there you really would be way cooler if you stop trying too hard. And think about the Music man(“ Ya like Jack Black said in the move` Rock ain’t about getting loaded and acting like a jerk….’ Although you may do it once in a while but only if you want to – not the wannnabe standing next to you”) In the End it’s gonna be the Music that will set you free.
So until next time … rock on…(..Ta)

2 comments:

Abdelazeez said...

Damn! That was a good one!
Guess what, I just came on this blog after a [ahemm...] break of a few days and saw that last poem of yours... almost completed reading it, when this piece on Rock pops up! Now THATs what I call double fun! [BTW, didja ever consider that that poem could make superb lyrics for a rock song, you you poetess of a blogger?..!! Now that's called good stuff!]

That aside, yes it is indeed a shame what has come to become of our 'rock-scene' these days. We keep coming across people adorning themselves with the likes of Sepultura [don't even ask me how one 'well-known' local band pronounced that one], Slayer [one 'hot' favorite amongst some of our pot-infested youth], Metallica [more commonly, the logo from the Saint Anger album cover. I guess that's the most recent Im-a-newbie-rocker symbol, because no one seems to have heard of songs like Unforgiven, Nothing else Matters [a cover of-course], No leaf clover, Tuesday's gone, Mama Said, and the likes... all they've seem to have heard is 'Saint Anger' or 'Devil's Dance' or 'Green Hell; etc.], and more such 'heavy' bands. Speaking of heavy, not many people seem to appreciate Black Sabbath, GnR, Megadeth, Led Zeppelin, ACDC et al that much. How about renaming 'death-metal' to 'death of metal'? That would certainly be more apt!

Then there's profanity that attracts our 'rockers' these days. Yes it gives a good effect in some situations, but not in every second darned rhyme and every other god-damn sentence! Seems like they need it to provide adverbs in every statement..

And I won't even get myself started on wannabe-rocker infatuations with 'the goat' and the 'hot burning place' and the '3-digit number', and 'mis-aligned' stars and what the likes... I wonder if people even understand the meanings and the significance these things hold... I guess if they did,then they wouldn't want to go about vocalizing about going to that 'bad place', or meeting Mr. S himself in person, or bragging about how cool it is to refer to that hot place in every second analogy they make up!

There's just so much wrong and stupid with some of these rockers of today, we could just create a new genre of music for them, call it something like 'patheticia' or something more 'suggestive' and give it to them to drown themselves in (if such music be the food of life, we'd all but puke at the mere smell!). Then we'd have 'pathetickers' and their pathetic-concerts and pathetic-range-of-clothing and what nots... Why we could even organize an annual 'Pat-Fest' for them to showcase their talents!

Man one could go on and on 'bragging' about the scene...
The important point is that you've got an awesome post out here. And as a [budding?] rock-enthusiast myself, I want to congratulate on your views... Seriously, you've voiced so much in this one post! One heck of a read it was completely!

Rock on Miss!

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

hahahaha...
hey this comment by "katib" could be another post in itself!!!
nonetheless man, everyone starts somewhere so lay off them... i am pretty sure you werent born with GNR in your blood...
i know i wasnt and my first love in music was "the carpenters..."
listen to all you like and give the others time to catch up is my take...
well as they say, "the rock is in your court..."