Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Advent of the Inner Demon

[ I think some of the weirdest moments in your life are when you have nothing to worry about and nothing to do. I would consider myself in such a situation now. This is a direct repercussion of reading Edgar Allan Poe all day(<= has quickly transformed to my al time favorite poet). The poem deals with facing my inner demons who I am continuously in conflict with. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome once more, The girl in blue]

When life is normal, fair and smooth,
Almost bordering on routine,
It raises its head, and I turn to watch
As it stirs up a startling scene.

Thriving on the irony
That life throws at us each day,
Relishing the angst, the fear within
Contorting it in such a pleasurable way

It crawls on my skin ever so silently
Takes away all common sense
Leaves me sighing, weeping, crying
As I look at the world through its devilish lens.

I struggle and fight those inner demons,
And drown completely into oblivion
Ruin my reputation- my pride and joy
In search of a different Elysium

After an eternity, the tirade ends,
And my soul dawns a new avatar,
Avowing never to let them in again,
Avowing forever to watch from afar.

And yet once more, it shall revisit
And yet entrance me with honeyed tones
And yet I shall let it enter, knowing I oughtn’t
And long to explore yet again, those forbidden zones.