Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Real World

Here in the real world,

I’m a leader, capable of taking the world under my wing

But in my mind I’m a timid child, trying to understand why they trust me so


Here in the real world,

I’m a visionary, changing the works with an idea

But in my mind, I dare not envision the unpredictability of time and circumstances


Here in the real world,

I’m beautiful, getting a hundred glances and a thousand sighs

But in my mind I’m still the gawky adolescent, hiding my face and tears behind large spectacles


Here in the real world,

I’m a lover, in a perfect relationship with a perfect person

But in my mind I’m lost and confused, in love with a tomorrow that’s not mine to be


Here in the real world,

I’m human, with feelings and thoughts and a hundred emotions

In my mind, I’m human too but fighting instincts more animalistic than me.


Here in the real world,

I’m real,

In my mind, I just wish I wasn’t….

2 comments:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

Hmmmm...funny...my worlds are the exact opposite...
:D

Abdelazeez said...

Good stuff.