Monday, May 17, 2010

Orb

There you are,
looking down on me.
That smile on your face;
Sometimes of love,
sometimes derision.
At others merely a tiny grimace...
Dress me in light
when my life is darkness;
Or just light up each precious moment,
What a connection I have with you,
Untold, unexplained.
Linked with just a name
Distant, yet close
Steeped in meaning,
drenched in enthusiasm,
In a thought-free chasm.
No expectations, no fear of failure
of what we have
No regret either,
Everlasting,
This bond so rare
Forever following,
Or perhaps you chain me to you..
Never judging,
my fallacies,
the evils in me
that you so clearly see.
Just a smile.
Oh that smile!
It keeps me through the sun-bleached days
and takes me through night's calm infinity...

[Chandreyee meaning: The Bengali Hindu female name "Chandreyee" literally translates as "one who is as beautiful and brilliant as the moon on a full moon night". The word is derived from the Sanskrit word "Chand" meaning "moon".
(Mythology): Chandreyee is the the daughter of Soma the moon God in the Mahabharata]

No comments: