Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Shadow

She never walks alone

Glides, effortlessly

From light to light

Indiscernible

Always right

Never errant and yet an aberration

Coz her identity was never hers

She makes her presence felt in times of utter loneliness

Eternally giving yet barely existing

Living a life through another

And yet more experiences gather

She never leaves.

Through bright, through dark

An apparition?

Barely so.

Flesh and blood

Oh never! No..

A shadow of me

Or am I hers

She leads me through yet another day...

1 comment:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

I love my shadow too!
:)

"Sometimes life gets tough and you don't know what to feel,
You fall down, hurt yourself and you need someone to heal,
But when you turn around and look behind, all you see,
Your own shadow smiling back, saying "Well buddy, it's just you and me!"