Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Time in my life


This is your life, are you who you want to be
This is your life, are you who you want to be
This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be
When the world was younger and you had everything to lose

- Switchfoot

Just a random song pops up in your playlist. It gets you thinking. Especially when you are taking really significant decisions, life altering decisions…

So this is my life, but am I who I want to be? Was this what I had dreamed I would be, what life would be? Swayed by emotion, consumed by passion for things that may or may not be significant in my life tomorrow, unmoved by success, grounded by failure.

Maybe till now I had not fully grasped how much to each extreme I am. Any attempts to blow moderation into my life have been futile. Common sense is averse to me. *Smirk*

I had never pictured myself like this. The vulnerability to emotion, to people, did not remotely pop up in my futuristic dreams. I guess life has thrown enough rotten tomatoes at me for me to still harbor notions of a perfect future.

Time destroys

Yesterday that was today,

Just a while back.

Tomorrow is not so far away.

Discards perfection,

Breeds uncertainty

A change in direction

With every breath

Control

We have none of that

Just brace ourselves for the next attack

Time rebuilds,

Heals the injured Achilles heel

Replenishes when all is seemingly lost

Creates beautiful dreams

When you’re soporific

And wakes you up to reality…

I guess I would have liked to go on with that. But time’s just brought back my best enemy - the writers’ block. Maybe some other time…

2 comments:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

:) You're too smart not to be able to figure out where you wanna be...you will sooner than later...
Oh! And writer's block, I have been pondering about that...I think we choose it for ourselves. We have an incessant need to put to paper all that we feel and think so all those times when we don't wanna put our thoughts together, are the phases when we sub-consciously choose to be in a block. The causes could be anything, from plain laziness to a fear of what putting words to paper would unravel for us. But I think it still needs a little tweaking before I can call it a theory...perhaps my next phase of a writer's block could clear things up! Although, I would appreciate your observations in this phase to help make the theory a little clearer too!