Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just Something

Each day I walk down the same road,

Each day wish something new

Each day disappoints and yet I wait

For what I know isn’t true

 

I make the same old blunders,

And endeavor to set it right

And each day when I come face to face

I recoil and run out of sight.

 

A lie it is I live each day,

But in a total lie I’d rather not die

Just a tiny wish, a prayer

A tiny urge to fly

 

Not too high, above the clouds

Just high enough to see

Everything a little differently

To define the real me

 

Just once, just once, feel the real me

Just once let me soar

Just once give the real me a chance

I would not ask for more

 

Just once I want to be happy

Without making another sad

Just once I want to laugh with glee

Without appearing bad

 

And yet again, I walk down the same road,

Yet again, wish something new

Each day disappoints and yet I wait

Hoping what I know isn’t true.

No comments: