Monday, October 26, 2009

Reliving the First Job feeling

One year.
It's that familiar chill in the air. The beginning of winter and the festive backlog. The last flicker of the diwali lights , remnants of the sweets and dry fruits; and the fervent wait for Christmas and New Year's eve. It was at exactly this time last year that I got into my first job.

eClerx Services ltd. Catering to so many of the Fortune 500. Listed in the BSE. blah blah....

I had just given GRE knowing full well that I would not go to the US( thanks to the recession). One phone call, a few rounds of interview and before I knew it, I had landed my first job - I was employed.

I had no idea what the company did or what it would eventually give me. Just that I had got in.
The weather somehow just takes me back to that time. To the world of opportunity that I saw then, the apprehension and yet the excitement. That first job feeling.

It'll be a year tomorrow i.e. October 27th. I am no longer with eClerx( I left about a month back). Learnt so much. Met so many people. So many amazing, inspiring experiences both in my personal and professional life. Made so many friends. The process of rediscovering Me.
I don't suppose I could summarize my experiences in an 11 chapter book ( for each of the 11 months). So I won't try. :)

I miss those old times, the familiar faces, the warmth.I miss all that.
But life has to move on. Greener pastures, opportunities et al.
Yet, today, sitting here in my clinical cubicle I go back to those days, the smiles, the fears; and hope to raise a toast to all the amazing people I met at eClerx.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S: An essentially insane coincidence - The new Cafeteria vendor is the same vendor who served food in eClerx when I left. Just when I have been thinking of the place so much! Celestine prophecy, Secret anyone? :)

2 comments:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

ah! reminds me of all the wonderful people i met in my 4 months at thermax...and those wonderful places i got to see thanks to them! baroda, agra,delhi,ahmedabad...hmmm...wonder when the next job will begin...

Unknown said...

Reading your notes is like drinking chilled water in the summer of Delhi..This post just took me back to those days when I was just a fresher..who knew very little..had no background...didn't know what to expect from life...I just caught hold of a thread that was given to me with utmost care lest the thread breaks and I was left all alone in this wild wild world. But God was there all the while and here I am now with all the experiences that life could unfold in a mere span of 5 years. As I look back, it makes me feel nostalgic at time..but the journey continues. After all, the journey is everything!