Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Snapshots of life - 2


I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
While my guitar gently weeps
I look at the floor and I see it need sweeping
Still my guitar gently weeps

I don't know why nobody told you
how to unfold you love
I don't know how someone controlled you
they bought and sold you

I look at the world and I notice it's turning
While my guitar gently weeps
With every mistake we must surely be learning
Still my guitar gently weeps

I don't know how you were diverted
you were perverted too
I don't know how you were inverted
no one alerted you

I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
While my guitar gently weeps
I look at you all
Still my guitar gently weeps

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my all time favorite songs. So much meaning in the melody.
Sitting devoid of company in the post-lunch stupor, I'm hearing this for the fourth time in a row and I have no idea as to how many times I'm going to listen to it hereafter.

The melody transports me back to the 60s(my obsession with the era is legendary) or the closest to it I have seen.

The Cedars, the sound of the river, the fragrance of incense, of freshly baked bread, colorful baggy clothes, many colored people, semi-precious stones, tattoos....
All of that and much more.

Manali.

My emotional haven. Where nature absorbs all sadness, all worry and gives you back a sense of belonging.
Have you ever felt what it's like to be owned by someone, something ? It's a nice feeling. Like you can let go of the burden of the world and just fall unafraid. I've been owned by nature - by the pretty green trees, by the gushing ice-cold water from the rivers, by the sight of pure white snow; and all in Manali.

The sounds of the Beatles take me there, and I walk alone through those long winding roads where no one sees my tears. Where nature embraces me at every street corner. Someday, I will go back there. Just don't know when....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been cleaning out my closets lately
Only to find dirt's tremendous might
The floors, they need sweeping
But there isn't a washcloth in sight
The corners are full of cobwebs
But I just can't reach them now
I want to make things better
But I just don't know how
The world never stops turning
But I am frozen in time
No control on todays and tomorrows
Coz' there's nothing that's mine...

1 comment:

Mulling Over My Thoughts said...

I wish I'd have learnt how to play some musical instrument! Or received some formal training in music! I actually set both the pieces in rhyme to tunes! Damn it...and now those tunes will be lost again!
Never been to Manali but I can imagine how it must mesmerize! I'm floored by Matheran everytime I'm there...